Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Ground Hog Day and Other Musings

We received word yesterday that our son has grown to a whopping 8 lbs 12 oz!! Also, at a mere 2 months old, Kaden is already pontificating very articulately with phrases such "Goo Goo" and "Gah Gah" per yesterday's medical report. :)

We are still waiting to send off that package you see displayed in our previous post. :-\ We are on a waiting list to mail our package to a family that is making a trip to Guatemala. (Mailing packages is very expensive and there's no assurance they will reach their destination.) I know of a couple families that may be traveling soon, so hopefully this will go to our son soon!!

We are slowly-but-surely, starting to prep Kaden's room. (Eugenia, how's the baby blanket coming? ;) ). In a couple weeks we'll be moving baby furniture et al... from my brother's house to ours. I fear my enjoyment of all our "extra room" is going to be short-lived. :)

In other news, Mike got a *huge* blessing last Thursday. He's been busting his tail on his PhD work but he's had quite a few challenges with the data, wondering if he would even be able to finish his PhD. On Thursday he got the much anticipated "green light" from his advisor that what he has is, in fact, "thesis-worthy". Whew! What a relief!! Now he just has to bust his tail getting that 100+ page document written and defend it! :) And that also means that we think we finally know when he's graduating!! (I know, I know, you've heard that one before). We are now planning for a summer graduation. I have inquired with Tech to find out the exact date. I'm guessing late August, early September, but we will let you know as soon as we do!

Lastly, if anyone is totally bored, you can go to www.dogrecess.com and look at our cute doggie at is "dog day care" today. :) (Only the low resolution for Alpharetta is working correctly).

Happy Belated Ground Hog Day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Mike!

Is Fezzi the only fluffy dog there? Hard to tell with the low res pictures...and the dogs running every which way. Looks like fun.

So I'm losing my guest room. It was inevitable...