I can't believe we get to meet our son in 10 days! I'm starting to de-stress a bit now that one suitcase is fully packed.....that and my darling husband figured out our new video camera! (Details further down).

Speaking of my sweet husband, did I mention that he sent me flowers last week? :) Aren't they gorgeous? 2 dozen roses and they still smell sweet.
In other news, Mike's thesis is going well, but we've decided to plan for a December graduation. He is making great progress on his thesis, but due to the time it will take for committee members to review it and then scheduling the defense around summer vacations, we decided to be safe and just plan for Mike to "walk" in December. The info for his graduation is:

Speaking of my sweet husband, did I mention that he sent me flowers last week? :) Aren't they gorgeous? 2 dozen roses and they still smell sweet.
In other news, Mike's thesis is going well, but we've decided to plan for a December graduation. He is making great progress on his thesis, but due to the time it will take for committee members to review it and then scheduling the defense around summer vacations, we decided to be safe and just plan for Mike to "walk" in December. The info for his graduation is:
December 14, 2007
7:00 PM
Alexander Coliseum, Georgia Tech
Let me know if you want recommendations for hotels or best areas to stay.
Okay so back to the video camera...I was starting to stress because it appeared that when you record something, then do a second recording, the first recording is overwritten. I spent an hour going through the 2 inch thick manual. Then I got my dear father to spend another 30 minutes reviewing the manual to try to figure it out. But, alas, it only took my engineer husband 10 minutes of "playing with buttons" to see that nothing had been erased!
Without further ado, my first video clip is below. The video is dark, hard to hear, gets blury and a little bumpy at times but I thought it was quite amusing. Oh, and I also recorded this as "wide screen" so it looks a bit squished. Other than that it's great footage! :-D Hopefully you won't have to take dramamine to watch it. :) (I think this video proves the validity of the commandment "Thou shalt honor thy father and mother". If you listen closely you can hear me rag on my dad right before whacking my shin on the sharp corner of our coffee table. :) )
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Please pray for a safe journey...and that Mike and I remember to feed the baby, to not put his diapers on inside out and that we can't leave him in the room and go out for a while like we do with Fezzi. :-) I am going to try to post some pictures and videos while we're in Guatemala, but I can't make any promises!
Last but not least, pray we get into PGN soon!! That's our last huge hurdle!

3 comments:
I'm excited for you all with the upcoming trip...
Given the quality of the video on your blog that you are subjecting the world to, I would highly recommend that you practice with the camera as much as possible between now and the trip so that we have some hope of actually being able to see Kaden on the video you take. :)
Could that dog be any more docile? What did you do, give him doggie qualudes?? I especially like the shin bashing episode...very Stooge-like - give Moe my best regards.
And please tell me you won't talkt to Kaden in that baby talk. Please? Puh-LEEZE?!?!?
I am so excited for your upcoming trip. Would you say you were 50% packed? :-D
Wishing you all the very best. Hey those floors are bootiful...I can almost smell them.
And a link to my blog! I am so verkelmpt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinglish)
Hi Susan! I just caught up on your blog.First of all, could that kid be any cuter??? Second, I hope you have a wonderful trip, I know you will. Thirday, have we ever talked about Spokane before? That's where I'm from. Actually grew up in north Idaho (Priest River) but Spokane was our "city" and I lived there for a few years after high school too. Small world!
Post a Comment