

We received these pictures last week. Kaden turned 8 months old on August 8th and he's close to 20 lbs now! I guess I better get crackin' with those pushups and arm curls! :)
Kaden is doing great. He's very healthy, and continues to receive great care. For that we are VERY thankful.
On the agenda for today are:
- 8 + 3 = 6 ???
- The parallel Wiener section
- Our Ultrasound
8 + 3 = 6 ???
Today marks week 6 in PGN. What's that you say?? Week 8 was 3 weeks go so how can we be at week 6 now? Very simple, my dear Watson....we were kicked out back in June and were resubmitted to PGN on 07/05/07. We only found this out in the last week or so. When your docs are submitted to PGN, (the Guatemalan Attorney General for those who don't recall ) , they are reviewed by 2-3 reviewers over several weeks. If any of the reviewers find something they don't like, then your docs will be kicked out. We had been told for the past several weeks that we were "still in PGN" but that was not the case. Apparently there was some miscommunication with the "powers that be" in Guatemala. It was disappointing and depressing to find this out, but we were also relieved to have an answer as to why it was taking so long.
Meanwhile we are continuing to progress with the nursery. We've made quite a few trips to goodwill to get rid of clutter and my kind brother has offered to store some stuff we don't have room for (uh oh...does he realize what he's done??). And the BEST news is that the fall season consignment sales have started ! I'm hitting the Cobb Civic Center Saturday and will definitely cruise 3-4 other baby consigment sales over the next month. (Who says shopping isn't therapeutic??) :)
The parallel Wiener section
This, of course, refers to part of Mike's dissertation work. He is now working day and night when he's not at his part time job. I'm amazed at how he keeps up the perserverance...meanwhile listening to my rants and ravings about the slow adoption process and still having time to walk the dog! We thank GOD that he finished chapter 2 Monday night. Now he is working on the LAST chapter. Please pray he will continue to be motivated and have good, clear thinking as he finishes this last chapter.
I told Mike on Wednesday that when he finishes this last chapter, we're taking a mental health break! We have some friends in north Florida who have offered up their sofa bed and we can even bring the dog! So we're going to take a long weekend (hopefully late next month) to go veg a bit, breathe some sea air, take a walk...and not worry about the thesis or adoption details or Atlanta traffic for a few days. :-0
Our Ultrasound
I saw this on another site and thought it was great. This is the latest ultrasound of our son and how he's progressing. :-) I know that being truly physically pregnant is a very different thing, but I tell ya, I've definitely felt a lot of labor pains over the last few months!


1 comment:
Kaden is adorable!!!! Can't wait to meet him at one of our gatherings!!
Post a Comment