The Shower!!Finally, I have some pictures to share from our shower. My office threw us a baby shower a couple weeks ago, and BOY did they ever shower us with gifts!

Our friends Amy and Evelyn did a great job (pictured on the right), the food was delicious, the games were fun, and our baby registry is now largely fulfilled! :)

I accidentally unwrapped the jogging stroller hood before knowing we would also be unwrapping the jogging stroller. Oops!! :-)
Mike did a great job explaining the engineering aspects of the bathtub baby seat!!
The Drought!
Most of my life I have lived with a "drought" through at least parts of the long, hot summer in Atlanta. But this is the worst I've ever experienced....reports of potential water rationing, fighting over whether to cut back on water released from Lake Lanier (because if we don't we'll run out, but if we do cut back, it will endanger water life further down stream, etc...). Wow, I've been praying for rain some lately but we really REALLY need it now! Mike has offered to only take a shower once every 3 days but I'm not sure I'm willing to make that sacrifice QUITE yet. So please pray for rain in the South. We really, REALLY need it!
The PhD!
This whole year has been quite the roller coaster of ups and downs. I look back and see things I hope I never have to go through again, but I also see amazing ways that God has, and continues to provide for us. The latest with Mike's Phd is:
-He turned in his final copy to his advisor on Tuesday
-He found a replacement committee member for the one that can't serve on it.
-He hand delivered lovely, color, bound copies of his 156 page dissertation to the committee members yesterday.
Now we just need to pray and pray and pray that he passes! His defense date is set for November 7th at noon. Civilians :) are welcome to attend the presentation part which will last about 40 minutes or so. If anyone is interested to sit in on one of the geekiest presentations of your life, let me know and I'll give you more details. :)
One last item....we are still waiting to hear about when to pick Kaden up, but I think we are very likely to hear something in the next week. SO, I want to put in a plug for the airport. If anyone is in the Atlanta area and would like to meet us upon arrival, we would LOVE to see you!! Whatever day we come, the flight will arrive at 6:30 PM, then we have to go through customs, so I'm guessing we will be at baggage claim by about 7. My current guess is the first full week of November, but of course, I'll let you know when I know for sure. (I'll go out to the roof and yell for all to hear, in fact! :) )

1 comment:
We'll be at the airport!!! Jadon can't WAIT to meet Kaden!!
-Jess
Post a Comment