So it's really happening, we're really going down to Guatemala to meet our son. We're excited but it also seems a bit surreal. He doesn't even know what's going to hit him! :) If you wanted to know where Guatemala is or where Guatemala City is, I posted a map for your viewing pleasure.We are flying down May 6th and will meet our son for the first time on May 7th. Kaden's room - formerly-known-as-the-guest/storage-room is full of stuff to take down. Now if I just had a maid or butler to show up and get everything organized and packed!!
We are hoping to do a bit of sightseeing at the end of the week but we will remain in the hotel while Kaden is with us. (It's best not to go out much since he isn't "officially" ours yet). We would appreciate your prayers for safe travel and a great visit--obviously. :) The first day we will get to meet his Foster Mom and ask questions about his care, health, personality, etc... I have a list of things to ask but I'm sure I will be overwhelmed with emotion and excitement. (This may even be more exciting than when I bought my first car! ;-) )
In other news, we had to keep this on the "down low" last week, but we surprised Mike's Mom for her 39th...uh, yea that's it, birthday this past weekend! We had a great weekend with McKinleys out in Spokane. It was also very fun to call Mom on the phone to wish her happy birthday, then see her be-grudgingly head towards the door (she didn't understand why Blake/Dad couldn't just answer the door since she was on the phone!) and see us.
Our sister in law Dana made a wonderful breakfast for us that morning and then we ate at Mom's favorite seafood restaurant downtown for dinner.
Why do I always return from Spokane feeling like I need to lose weight???



1 comment:
Mike looks a lot like his Mom.
I would SO help you pack if I was there. And I would love to doggie sit Fezzi. But...not coming down after all this month.
Am so excited for you...
Post a Comment