Thursday, November 15, 2007

El Nino!!

Yes! We're still alive and doing well! :-) I would apologize for not updating you all sooner....but it's not my fault! Our little nino seems to think I should constantly be focused on him! Sheesh! :D...well okay, he's mega-super cute, so I guess I'll allow it....for now.
Kaden is doing very well...seems to be bonding to me, especially during his whiney time. :) Here are a few pics...As you can see, my dad was an expert baby-feeder. Dad was a huge help last week. I really missed Mike but I definitely could not have done this trip by myself! I expected dad to sleep in for 3 days once we arrived back in Atlanta. However, he called the first morning....wondering where his grandson was. He already missed the sweet morning "coos". :)
Even though we were a week past Halloween, I still wanted Kaden to be my little "punkin" so here is his in his pumpkin sweat suit. He's a very good eater and enjoyed sharing the Marriott buffet with us each morning.I think most of you saw the pictures I sent of Pacaya, but in case you missed them, here's one. (I know, I know, get back to the baby already!) Behind Dad you can see the large Pacaya peak, then more directly behind him is a smaller hill/hump. We saw multiple rocks and lava flows come off of this one (you can see it's smoking in the picture). Also, about 50 feet behind dad is an actual lava river flowing.

We had a lot of fun treking up to this volcano, but I must admit it is a distant memory ever seen James Kaden McKinley was placed in my lap.

Now for a few pics since we've come home...

Thanks to Jessica Gunkel for the GREAT suggestion of a swingy thingy. Kaden loves it and it gives him great exercise! :) He's got 8 teeth and loves to eat any table food we give him. He wasn't too crazy about the green mushy baby food I tried to give him the other day...but mommy forgot to warm it up...don't think I'd want to eat cold green mush either!!

Here's a good one with Mom McKinley. She has been a HUGE help during the first week of having Kaden home. Obviously, he loves to play with his Grandma. And she seems very happy and proud to have a 7th grandson, 9th grandchild. :)

I've said it a million times before but THANK YOU so much to everyone for your prayers. Our precious child is home and he is a delight. We are so thankful to God for him and to you for all your encouragement and support. We're going to try to get into a good routine over the next few weeks, but visitors are WELCOME so please come by to play with Kaden any time. :-)

Love,
Kaden's Mom

2 comments:

Kerry said...

You have a little heartbreaker there. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and hope to meet him one day SOON!

Jess said...

Don't thank me, thank Jadon!!

Jadon hopes Kaden is having a great 1st Thanksgiving!!!!!