Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Grumpy Stiltskin

Visiting Santa...
Yes, my sweet, always-smiling son was none to happy with ol' St. Nick! I guess mommy didn't do the best job of timing this around his snack time. Ah well, at least he wasn't crying....he just looks really pensive to me...or maybe just gassy. ;-)

Of course, the minute we left Santa (and had some of our bottle) Kaden was all smiles for grandmother and grandaddy!!
Check out my chompers, grandaddy!! :-D So here I am, enjoying my second week as a SAHM (that's "stay at home mom" for those of you not in the biz...), and all is going well. Believe it or not, Kaden hasn't bored me yet. He's still a LOT more fun than crm development!

I know this will shock you, but I have more cute pictures of the K-man to share. But before I do, I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

Giving Thanks...
As the holidays roll in, I can't help but think about this past year and the past few years. We all have our good days and bad days, and ,for some of us, good and bad YEARS. So maybe you're going through a tough one right now. I hope you that you will find peace and joy over the next couple weeks. I hope you will know and believe that there is a mighty God who cares for you and walks you through every trial and circumstance in life. The past few years have been tough on me and Mike in a lot of ways, but we also have so much to be thankful for....and not JUST because our son is finally home, (although, of course that's at the top of the list!) I'm so thankful for so many things this Christmas season. I thank each of you for how you have supported us this year...with your thoughts and prayers and kind words and hugs and phone calls and notes. But most of all, I thank my God. He has walked us through so many challenges and provided for us in so many ways.

This morning I was holding my son...MY SON...the son the Lord gave us....the son that was always meant to be ours, and I was in awe. Oh what joy that God has allowed me to finally be a mommy and of this sweet little boy. I can't describe how precious the last week has been to have "Daddy" come home at night to me and Kaden....to have family time, to change stinky diapers and to pray with our son. Lord, help me to remember you this Christmas, to remember how great and mighty you are and to keep my eyes fixed on you every day of my life, no matter what. I wish you all peace and true joy, no matter what life brings you.

More Pictures...

Now back to adorable and frivolous matters....Kaden and I finished decorating the tree this morning. I found the Santa hat and thought I'd try it out on Kaden. He liked it at first, but soon changed his mind....

Where did everyone go, mommy??

Why do grownups always think we babies like to wear hats??Yay! I won! No more hat for me!! Ha!

I hear sounds in the other room....its time to put more gruel down to fill my son's belly. ;-)

Kaden's Mom

3 comments:

Jess said...

You made me cry and laugh all in one post!

I could ditto every thing you said! This Christmas is so good!!

-Jess

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for all 3 of you! May the Lord give you even more blessings in 2008, and may He grant you peace as you hold you son! What a privilege he has given you to be parents to such a sweet little boy. I enjoyed meeting him the other day and look forward to another play date!

Love, Lisa Allen

Carol Jackovich said...

o.k., this is a silly thing to comment on, but if you think that is a bad picture of Kaden with Santa, you need to come to my house and a lot of other houses! my almost 4 year old daughter still screams at Santa and every picture of her has been with her crying (except the one where she was sitting in my lap and i was next to Santa.....then she was only grimacing). that's a GREAT picture for a 1 year old!!!