Thursday, January 24, 2008

3rd time is the charm!

Socially Secure??
Thank God, we finally have our son's Social Security Number!....or rather it should be coming in the mail in about 2 weeks. I try to be patient....I know dealing with most government agencies isn't really what you would call "fun"...but why does it always have to be so difficult? We went to the Soc. Sec office in December...waited over an hour...then found out we needed another piece of paper. That finally came a few weeks ago, but this time I checked online AND called the Soc. Sec 800 number to make sure we had everything we needed before trekking over there again. We headed that way yesterday but the parking lot was totally full, it was crazy. I didn't think Kaden would be happy to sit in my lap in a crowded room for 4 hours so we decided to try another day. Today the parking lot was again packed, but we got there in the AM instead of the afternoon so I hoped it wouldn't be too bad. Well, 2+ hours later we left the Soc. Sec office with our receipt! And I must say that the K-man was quite a trooper...only whined a bit here and there.

Speaking of the K-man, he has a lot to say these days....although he doesn't waste precious time forming actual words. He's too busy being creative and expressing himself in a variety of octaves.


Let is snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
As most of you have already heard (or got to experience yourself), we got a whopping inch or so of snow last week. On Wednesday night and then last Saturday. Kaden wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but he eventually warmed up to the idea of cold snow...tee hee.

Granddaddy Jacobs introducing K-man to snow.
Kaden's Mom and the K-man

In other news....Fezzi and Kaden seem to have some unwritten agreement : you slobber on my stuffed animals and I'll slobber on yours. I have given up on trying to keep Fezzi from grabbing Kaden's stuff and vice versa. They often seem to prefer each others. I'm sure the dried drool is quite tasty. Bleh! Speaking of that, I caught Fezzi-woo cuddled up the other night with ...guess who's toy ?? :DAnd NO, I swear I did NOT put Piglet with Fezzi...he did that all on his own! :)

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I don't know what's wrong with you. I understood everything he said perfectly. Very articulate, your boy.

You need to bring him to playgroup. I need to get my hands on him. ;)

Mami Sue said...

SUSE, THAT VIDEO IS SO PRECIOUS!
I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH HE SOUNDS LIKE ELIJAH. IT'S CRAZY!
HE IS SOOO CUTE I JUST WANT TO SQUEEZE HIM--DO IT FOR ME -K-?

Joan said...

Is this some sort of inter-species sibling rivalry?

you call that snow...I'll show you snow.