Update #5 is it?? Okay, here goes...
Update #5
On Sunday, March 30th, Kaden was baptised and Mike and I were chrismated into the Orthodox Christian church. It was a great day. As most of you know, Mike and I have been Christians most of our lives. We were fortunate to grow up in loving homes that taught us the importance of church and a relationship with God. We've both been to many different Christian churches, found things we liked and didn't...things that seemed to fit and others that didn't. So why the Orthodox church? Well....I guess I'd say you'd have to ask God. :-) We both feel that God has led us to this place and that this is the church where we should be worshipping Him and raising up our children. :) Many of you already know "the story", but Mike was reading some ancient Christian writings (I'm talking stuff from hundreds and hundreds of years ago) purely out of interest/amusement. But then he stumbled on some things about the Orthodox that really stood out to him....like this was the original church that the disciples and their disciples and their disciples were part of. I'll spare you the details, but over time we both found that we needed to pray, research, and seek God's leading about this church. It was not something to be ignored or forgotten.
So here we are. Its been over 2 1/2 years of praying, researching and waiting. Now it's time to commit or "fahgetaboutit". So we've been committed! I mean uh.... :-D Its been quite a journey to get to this point, but we are very thankful to God for how He has led us to this place. Our prayer and hope is that this will compel us to humble ourselves, be more mindful of our own failings, and seek God with a fierce love and faith until the end of our days. :-D
As always, Kaden did great. He wasn't that crazy about the baptism but our priest, Father Peter, did a great job (and he loves Father Peter :) ). Here's a picture after the baptism:
And now for some video!!! Here are some shots from our recent trip to Destin. Enjoy!!Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
And last but not least, Seagulls, run for your lives!!!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

2 comments:
He's a cutie...but watching him wobble makes me woozy!!
suse, the videos are great!
love the bubble blowing one!
he is such a peanut!
we have to get him & eli together someday :)
Post a Comment