Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tippy Toes and my GOLB Part 1

The past several weeks have been quite busy! Sorry I got a bit lax on the blogging!! To make up for it, I have several updates. Today I'll post pictures and tomorrow I'll try to get some video posted. Notice that these updates will be backwards and therefore, my GOLB (that's Blog backwards for you slower types... :) )Update #1
A couple weeks ago we went to Destin, Florida for a long weekend with my parents. We met up with some friends who are adopting a beautiful little girl from Guatemala named Kylie (Please pray for her to come home soon!!). Our friends noticed that Kaden only seems to use his tippy toes when walking on the beach. I thought it was quite cute as well as artistic of him!
We had a great time at the beach. Kaden has NO fear of the sand, water, or seagulls. In fact, he tried to catch a few to keep as pets... Update #2
Kaden continues to grow and flourish.....despite his parents subjecting him to some uh...pain. It is not customary in Guatemala to circumcise infant boys, but we decided it was best for our little guy so the deed was done yesterday. He's doing great and singing "the wheels on the bus"...(or at least his "la la blah blah" version) as I write this. :)

Update #3
Jumping back a week, we had Easter!!!! Say what?? Yes, that's right...we celebrated Easter on April 27th and it was great! In update #5, you will learn that we recently joined the Orthodox Church of America (OCA). The Orthodox calendar is different from the Protestant/American calendar. Don't ask me to explain it...but one thing I do know is that Orthodox Easter will ALWAYS come after Passover, never before.

SO , anyway, our church had a ton of services, it got tiring at times, but it was also one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. Kaden was quite a trooper, lasting through so much. They do an amazing job of honoring Christ's crucifixion and ressurrection. I'm thankful God gave us the endurance to participate and celebrate the Easter services. I even read some scripture in french! Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is risen!! Le Christ est ressuccite!!

Update #4
About a month ago, we did a play date with some Atlanta friends who also have an adorable son from Guatemala. Jadon graciously shared his toys with Kaden and even let Fezzi lick on him some! :)

Kaden and Jadon

Jessica and Jadon (and Fezzi)

More to come with my GOLB updates...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeah! Cute pictures! I am glad I checked your blog today!

Congratulations on joining the church and Kaden's baptism.

Looks like you had fun in Destin.

Hopefullly we'll see you guys soon. Maybe at Lori and Kent's baby walk??