Wednesday, February 11, 2009

4 score and several weeks ago (or so it seems)

My, how time flies.  I never thought I would be such a slacker, wasting away 4 WHOLE MONTHS without blogging.  I must confess that in the past couple months I have been "facebooking" a lot more which is basically, an easy/lazy way to blog.

But I have returned! Fear not!  For lo, my blog updates will now be with you once again.

I've kept up with most of you over the past few months, but I'm all about communicating and outlines so here goes...

1. Pregnancy no more but that's okay.
2. The K-man is 2!
3. Holidays with the fam
4. The cruise

The Pregnancy
I think everyone knows by now that we miscarried the baby.  It was a tough time, but we are all doing well. I am very thankful for the joy I was allowed in being pregnant for a couple months.  I am also thankful that God has given me an amazing husband and a precious little boy (and a cute dog too).  We found out on election day, so while you were all waiting in line to vote and watching the updates on the news, we were driving around Atlanta and Alpharetta to various doctors and ultra sound offices.  Amidst the stress and sadness, we experienced a very precious moment that I have already shared with many of you, but I must share it again.

When we were at the first of many doctors' offices, we had just heard the initial bad news of "something doesn't look right/good".  Mike, Kaden and I were waiting in a vacant office while the nurse made additional appointments for us.  Kaden saw that I was crying and came over, climbed into my lap, looked me straight in the face and said "I sorry.  I sorry mommy".  He then took my Kleenex and wiped my tears.  I could NOT have been more blessed or comforted at that moment.
Our baby's grave site
When someone dies in the Orthodox church, they have a prayer service and a burial service...no matter how young the individual is.  This was a new experience for me, but very therapeutic. We had a service called a Panikida at our church.  Then, the weekend of Thanksgiving we drove out to a monastery in South Carolina.  It was a heavy day emotionally, I was a bit overwhelmed, but I was also able to let go and trust that this little one is with her Maker now.
The service at the monastery
Kaden enjoying some Koliva (traditional dish prepared at an Orthodox service.  It is usually made of grains and fruit, symbolizing death and the resurrection of the body)
They had some very sweet dogs and kitties exploring around the Monastery.
Kaden had fun with a friendly gray kitty.
Healthwise, I'm doing great.  We are continuing to pray for God's leading about more kiddos and would appreciate your prayers as well.

Gosh, this blog is getting long!  Okay, I'll just share about Kaden's birthday and then wait until my next post to get caught up.

The K-man is 2!
Kaden turned 2 on December 8th.  We had cupcakes at our house but the BIG present was a trike!  He then got a second birthday celebration with all the fam out in Suwanee.  Some pics are below...
I'm a bad dude!!...now if only my feet could reach the pedals! :-)
Another amazing creation by Jolayne...
Kaden likes to share his nachos with Fezzi.

Kaden had a wonderful birthday, especially since he got to open Christmas presents on the same day!!  I guess having a birthday in December isn't so bad??

To be continued...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh Susan I am so sorry. I became afraid that you miscarried when you didn't post for so long. I began praying for you then. I will continue to pray for healing and for God's leading.

Kaden is SO cute! I can't believe our boys are 2 years old!! You are going to have to keep the little ladies away from K-man!!!

It's good to get an update. Looking forward to more.