Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stepped on a Pop Top, had to cruise on back home...

So, I'm sure you've all felt a great deficit in your life in recent months. And I'm also sure you didn't realize it was because I haven't sent any exciting blog updates!! Seriously though, most of you know what has or has not been happening with us "McKinleys of the South", and it just wasn't that interesting to post. But, alas, my public cries out to me for more and I hear their woe!

I have a wonderful Aunt Judy who lives in Seattle and recently she told me how much she missed my updates. I was so touched, I decided to write her a poem:

Ode to Judy
Oh Judy, my aunt
Near mountains and sea,
Your accent is way cool;
Your flowers smell sweet.

You married Uncle Bill
So for you do we pray.
But I guess he can't be that bad,
since he picked you for his mate!

(Sorry Uncle Bill, I'm sure you'll get me back some time... :-) )

So anyway, back to the news.....

For those who never saw our CRUISE pictures and actually remember we went on one in February, here you go:
Mike doing his Titanic impression...
Enjoying a nice dinner.
The lovely view from our cabin.
Our ship, the NCL Spirit.
We had a wonderful time, ate lots of good food, (too much in fact!), and met some very nice people. Most of the travelers were retirees, but that was fine with us. I know it will shock most of you to know that we did not stay up all night and pah-tee. Actually, we tried to get in bed by 10 each night since our excursions usually left early the next day. (And for myself, I wanted to be in bed early because the boat did some MAJOR rocking at night as they would cruise to the next port. I even broke my toe one night....but that's another story :-) ).

I think the highlight for us was Cave Tubing in Belize. I was thankful the guide didn't tell us about the eels in the water until AFTER the trip! :)

Fast Forwarding to May, one of my best friends got MARRIED in May:
Melissa and Patrick saying their vows by the river in Blue Ridge, Georgia.

Since Mike has been layed off, we have had a couple fun, cheap OUTINGS. We took Kaden to Stone Mountain a few weeks ago, and he loved putting his hand in dark, mysterious holes.
Mike and Kaden feeding the geese....all 57 of them.

Last but not least, Mike's PARENTS came for a visit a couple weeks ago. After stripping wall paper and regrouting the bathroom, they were ready for some fun in Charleston, SC!

Touring the famous Drayton Hall in Charleston, SC.
Kaden really enjoyed the petting zoo at the Magnolia Plantation. (And yes, this is a LIVE alligator!)
Mom, Dad and Kaden by a large Magnolia tree with hydrangeas blooming to the right.

No comments: