Today is a good day. No, we didn't get pink yet, (the embassy appointment). No, we still don't know if Mike will graduate this semester, but its a good day. I feel like God has been trying to help me see that.
This year has been tough...a lot of waiting, a lot of late nights for Mike, a lot of disappointment and missed expectations, but we've had a lot of good days too. And I don't think I've been fully appreciating that.
I made a decision yesterday about the adoption. Most of the time when I think about all of our milestones, I am keenly aware of how long everything has taken, and how much LONGER everything has taken for us than many others in this process. But yesterday it hit me....that God has gotten us through every one of these steps. We're done with those steps....God got us through....they didn't happen in the timing I would have liked or expected, but they DID happen. We got the referral of a beautiful little boy, we got the dna, we got pa, we got in and out of pgn...God truly has answered our prayers.
And about the Phd too....we still don't know exactly when Mike will graduate, but he DID write his dissertation, he DID get a great job, he IS working on his defense presentation. God has answered our prayers!
So I decided yesterday that no matter when Kaden comes home, I need to trust my God. I was hoping I would get the call yesterday or today. I will be sad if I have to wait another week or two or three.....but I know that God WILL bring him home. I need to let go of all the timing that I WANT and trust Him. There's no doubt that Kaden is our son and will be coming home. God has answered every prayer and He is watching over our son right now.
Its such a "pat" thing to say sometimes....trust in God's timing....God's timing is perfect. I admit, most of the time that is not a comforting thought to me and it doesn't lessen my pain or anxiety. But for today, that is what I'm clinging too. God has proven himself faithful over and over....and how weak is my faith that everytime the timing is not what I want, I question Him and His goodness? Who am I?
So, today is a good day. The sun is shining, the sky is blue. I have a good job, my husband has a good job. We are both in good health. Mike has finished writing his dissertation. And we have a son....a wonderful son in Guatemala who will be home with us in God's perfect timing.
Today is a good day. :-)
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You're almost there girl. When you think of everything that has to happen to bring these children home, it's mind boggling. Every child is a miracle, but these babies are hand delivered to us by God himself.
Spoken like a true woman who has dealt with in honesty and truth the pain and uncertainty of life. I respect you and your faith.
Thank you for sharing this.
Post a Comment